With only three(ish) weeks left of summer we have decided to make ourselves a a bucket list so that we get the most out of our summer. If anyone has any summer must-dos or must-sees let us know, we love indulging in summer fun!
1. I need a good nap in a hammock! I have two amazing (legit) hammocks that I brought back from a trip to Colombia a few years ago. I love curling up and reading in the hammock under the hot sun and then falling into one of the best summer summer naps ever, however because of all the rain this year my hammock has been damp since June.
2. Look for funny shapes in the clouds.
3. Kayak. and hopefully not backwards this year.
4. Drive in movies. *Bonus* The top down in the car!
5. Berry Picking! I missed strawberry season but hopefully blackberry. Mum and I got enough last year for jam. Yum Yum!
6. Make a daisy crown!
1. Find a park and set up a picnic. Invite some friends.
I know you have all been just dying to know what the doctor told me about my foot today. Well I have some amazing news…. I AM FREE!! I am cast-less and free to jump and frolic all that I wish… well almost but it does mean I can cross some of the activities on my summer bucket list off.
- Northern Lights… sadly no not THE northern lights (although that’s on my life bucket list )
This is a bi-lingual sound and light show at Ottawa’s Parliament buildings. It is 30 minutes and uses the buildings as a backdrop for the multimedia show. It shows Canada’s journey of the last 150 years . What a cool way to show off our history! If you read my post Skimpy Frocks and Where To Shop You’ll know that one of my favourite words is free and this event is totally free.
2. Chocolats Favoris mmm
This is one I am super excited for. My gal pal told me about this amazingly delicous creamery and said it was a must! What goes better with hot summer days than ice cream? Very little I would say…The bummer for me is that they are across the city but it is totally worth the trek for one of their Kooky cones.
How could I not right?! Right.
Not only do they serve delicious dipped cones, kooky cones and other yummy desserts they also sell 12 different flavours of fondue! 12! That is a lot of chocolate and I am ready for it… maybe a fondue picnic S?
So much fun! I missed out on all fairs and festivals this year so I am so happy this one I won’t miss. There is so much to do from the petting zoo, to fair games and rides and my favourite part outdoor concerts! This year Canadas very own Dean Brody will be performing * swoon *
There are also some pretty loud tractor pulls and really intense demolition derby’s! This is a fair that is always a ton of fun and you can even camp for a small fee so you don’t miss anything!
I am so pumped to experience my bucket list this summer! Who wants to join me?